It is the abbreviation for Rhythmic Balance/ Auditory/ Vision eXercises for brain and brain body integration. The method is composed of a series of exercises varying in difficulty that are all based on rhythm.
These movements require the coordination of the whole body and the focused attention of the person. The programme uses bean bags, balls and balance boards. It requires cooperation, makes participants want to surpass themselves and encourages co-teaching between members of the group. It is very entertaining and as a result children of all ages enjoy practicing. Frequent practice makes for real fast results!
Bal-A-Vis-X is for every child and youth that carries any of the following “labels”:
• Child with learning difficulties – improves cognitive assimilation
• Child with behavioral problems – behavior “settles”
• Child with Attention Deficit Disorder Syndrome or Hyperactivity – it reduces impulsive behavior and extends attention span.
• Gifted child – it improves body coordination and reduces headaches caused by tension.
• Normal child – academic performance improves while less effort is required for the same results.
Bal-A-Vis-X also supports the students whose auditory skills are insufficient for academic success. These students “listen” but they cannot pay attention to:
• The correct pronunciation
• Oral directions
For these children, the rhythmic motifs of Bal-A-Vis-X create an new awareness of the various nuances of sound.
Bal-A-Vis-X also helps the children than despite the fact their vision is 20/20 their eyes still have difficulties in:
• Working together
• Be aware of the shape – discern the details
Every child taking Bal-A-Vis-X classes improves their hand/eye coordination. This results in improvements on their level of self confidence and thus self-respect. These improvements are noticeable both by the child and their parents.
To see videos with Bal-A-Vis-X method click HERE For more information on the method please visit the website of Bill Hubert, its creator www.bal-a-vis-x.com
The effects of Bal-A-Vis-X on studient achievement, test scores, and social behavior for students in grades 1, 3 and 5 at Douglas Elementary School.